Even if you are a computer novice, you’ll be up
and running Steve Leimberg's Charitable Financial
Planner in less than five minutes. CFP works
on any Windows based laptop or desktop computer and requires
less than 2 MBs of drive space. Absolutely minimal
This intuitively easy-to-use tool requires practically
no learning curve. New users will be astounded by how
quickly Charitable Financial Planner
can be mastered, how many creative tasks it performs,
and how amazingly fast you have your answers.
Steve Leimberg's Charitable Financial Planner is a software
package that takes charitable planning significantly beyond
where we go in NumberCruncher, yet is as easy to learn
and use as NumberCruncher, and is quite comprehensive.
It even compares various charitable plans so you
can quickly see which is best in your situation.
Aside from Charitable Lead Annuity and UniTrusts, Charitable
Gift Planner will instantly do calcs for pooled
income funds, gift annuities, remainders in residences,
remainders in farms, Charitable Remainder Trusts, and
much more. You'll also be able to "eyeball"
the client's specific income tax advantage to implementing
the suggested concept. The Charitable Financial Planner
has built in warnings regarding IRS exhaustion and other
(e.g. 5%/10%50%) tests and will automatically
optimize many calcs. It also has an "age"
calculator and contains copies of Rev. Rul. 77-374, IRS
Notices 89-24 and 89-60.
Steve Leimberg's Charitable Financial Planner is loaded
with powerful graphs, easy-to-follow numbers,
and will streamline and quicken decision making.
Of course, like all Leimberg & LeClair, Inc. products,
it comes with a 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee.
If you're not happy, we're not happy!
Some of the many features in Charitable
- Automatically, you'll have a pie and bar chart
for each calculation
- A colorful bar graph helps you compare the
impact of various
- Customize reports which include all calculation
Charitable Gift Annuities
- One and Two Life Calculations
- Instant Calculations for Immediate and Deferred
- Provides Recommended Payout Rates
- Automatically Performs Section 7520 Exhaustion
Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
- Up to 5 Lives
- Handles Term and Life Cases
- 10% and 50% Test Run Automatically Charitable
Remainder Annuity Trusts
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
- Handles up to 5 ages: Term or Life Cases
- Section 7520 Exhaustion Test is Run Automatically
- 5% Probability Test Run (Illustrates Rev. Rul.
- 10% and 50% Tests Run Automatically
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2015.01
- Changes have been to the income tax calculation for those models which perform such a calculation (such as CRUTs and CRATs). The phaseout of itemized deductions is now applied to the combined deductions including the charitable deduction and income tax savings now take into account the capital gains deduction.
- AFR's have been updated through 2016.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2015.00
- Income tax rates have been updated through 2015.
- Estate Tax calculations have been updated. The applicable exclusion amount for 2015 is $5,430,000. These changes are reflected in the Interrelated Estate Tax model.
- The AFR Table was updated through March 2015.
- Input filing loading has been optimized for faster file loading and program resizing has been improved.
- The help text has been updated.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2014.00
- Income tax rates have been updated through 2014.
- Estate Tax calculations have been updated. The applicable exclusion amount for 2014 is $5,340,000. These changes are reflected in the Interrelated Estate Tax model.
- The AFR Table was updated through June 2014.
- The Comparison Graph feature (available from the Tools Menu or by clicking on the Graph icon at the top of the screen) has been updated.
- The help text has been updated.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2013.00
Estate Tax changes from the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 have been made. The maximum estate tax rate is now 40% starting in 2013 and the applicable exclusion amount for 2013 is $5,250,000. These changes are reflected in the Interrelated Estate Tax model.
Income Tax changes from the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 have been made. Income tax rates have been updated through 2013.
The AFR Table was updated through February 2013.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2012.00
- The Charitable Gift Annuity model was updated for new recommended rates effective starting January 1, 2012.
- The AFR Manager now downloads and locks new AFR rates automatically.
- Estate tax thresholds have been updated through 2012.
- Income tax rates have been updated through 2012.
- The AFR Table was updated through January 2012.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2011.01
- The Charitable Gift Annuity model was updated for new recommended rates effective starting July 1, 2011.
- The AFR Manager is no longer installed as a separate program, but operates directly from Steve Leimberg's Charitable Financial Planner. This eliminates problems associated with network installations.
- The AFR Table was updated through July 2011.
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2011.00
- The program was updated for estate tax changes in the 2010 Tax Relief Act. The Interrelated Estate Tax model now includes up to two new inputs depending on the death year: Spousal Unused Excl. and Inflation Rate for Exclusion. For years after 2013, an Estate Tax Calcs input includes two
choices: 2013 Rates in 2013+ and 2013 Sunset. For 2010, the choices are 35% Rate and No Estate Tax.
- The program was updated for income tax changes in the 2010 Tax Relief Act. The Tax Assumptions screen now includes income tax rates through 2011 and estimated rates thereafter. The Income Tax input now shows 2013 Sunset and No Sunset as choices to be used for years after 2013.
- The program now includes support for multiple monitors and provides for full screen sizing on widescreen displays.
- The AFR Table was updated through May 2011.
- The program Help was updated to reflect the changes shown above.
Changes in Charitable Financial
- A problem with printing reports for the Interrelated model has been corrected.
- AFRs have been updated through Oct. 2010
Changes in Charitable Financial Planner 2010.00
The new Recommended Gift Annuity rates effective in July 2010 were added
to the program.
Term CLATs now handle irregular increases in annuity payments.
Numerous models were updated or enhanced including GRATs (revised
Economic Schedule, printing enhancements, optimization wording changes), Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts, Charitable Remainder Unitrusts, and Interrelated Estate Tax.
A new Save Defaults feature is on the File Menu.
The AFR Table was updated through July 2010.
Numerous other changes were made